Storage has always been a problem for iPhone users especially those who own 16 GB and 32 GB iPhone. Now you can always transfer your data to your PC or laptop to free up some space but it is now always possible to do so and apart from that it’s a pain in the ass. It’s 2017 space should not be a problem anymore. But apparently, it is, especially with the apple device. So in this article, we will show you how can clear some storage in the simplest way possible.
Now you may have noticed many times that though there is not much stuff on your phone though your storage becomes full. So what is occupying the storage? It’s the junk files and log files and many other cached data files which get created automatically and occupy a significant amount of storage. Now as said earlier this is a problem for customers having an iPhone with the capacity less than 32GB.
So this method basically frees up the cached storage. Using this method you can free space up to 2 GB or even more on your device. No important data will be deleted by this method only the junk data will be deleted.
This method requires no special technical knowledge, no computer, no formatting, no jailbreaking and it works on any iOS device. This is the simplest method to free up some space on your iOS device.
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage and see the amount of space available in the device.
- Now open the iTunes Store. The icon of the app is highlighted in the screenshot below. And click Search in the bar at the bottom of the app.
- In the Search Bar, type name of any movie, it is recommended that you search for a movie whose size is more than the free space on your iOS device, the bigger the better. In this tutorial, I am using the movie ‘The Martian’.
- Open the movie and scroll down to check the size of the movie if the movie is not of the size what we were looking for, search for another movie until you find the movie with the size more than the free space on your iOS device.
- Now scroll up and click on BUY, (don’t worry the movie will not be downloaded and no money will be billed to your account).
- Wait till the movie is processing to download. After a few seconds a pop up will come saying “Cannot Download” press Settings option in the pop-up available.
After clicking “Settings” you will be directed to General Tab of Settings.
- Open “Storage & iCloud Usage” and you will see that the available space in you device has increased.
- Repeat the steps 2-7 two to three times and you will be able to free upto 2-3 GB of storage.
This was the simplest method to quickly free up some space on your iOS device.
If you have any doubts about the method feel free to ask questions in the comment section.